Massage in Schools is a programme that develops positive touch based on respect involving a formal massage routine as part of teaching and learning.
MiSP teaches by connection. The programme promotes pupil well-being and is used successfully as part of PSHE, SRE and Healthy Schools. Positive touch is recommended in the NICE guidelines for vulnerable and looked after children. MiSP offers children an opportunity to
re-balance emotional systems, connect and develop caring relationships in a way that supports personal development for individuals and the whole school community. It also supports children to be ‘ready to learn’ by soothing the reactive part of the brain and stimulating the pre-frontal cortex.
Amongst the many benefits of the Massage in Schools Programme delegates will be able to take full advantage of:
• Calmer children, less aggression, improved concentration
• Increased achievement, reduced stress in the classroom and reduces truancy
• Increases tolerance and awareness and kindness within peer groups.
What will it cover?
• How to teach the entire routine to children with confidence, lesson planning and schedules for implementation into schools
• Science behind the routine
• Ideas for using touch to help learning across the curriculum
• Adaptations for different ages and children with additional learning needs
• Safeguarding and where to access help and support (UK MISA branch)
• Working with Parents
Who should attend?
Support Staff/Teaching Assistants,Teachers
Cost: £300.00 per delegate
An administration charge will apply to none attendees
All costs are subject to VAT