Liverpool City Council runs a Cycle2Work scheme through Halfords. Please see below for further information and for details on how to sign up.
Halfords have expanded the scheme recently to include Cycle Republic shops. There are some good FAQs on the Halfords website about their scheme, so you can find out a bit more.
The scheme is currently open all year round so you can apply at any time.
Here’s how to apply:
How to apply
- Firstly, choose the bike and/ or clothing and accessories you would like and calculate the total cost of your package. Go to www.cycle2work.info and browse their catalogue or visit your local Halfords store to do this. Alternatively Halfords have brought on board a number of local cycle stores which you can visit and choose your bike.
- You should select a Letter of Collection that covers the value of your chosen bike and/ or your chosen accessories. Please note, you can take advantage of any in store promotions or sales prices when selecting a bike from the Halfords store network.
- If you would like to purchase your cycle from an independent supplier, please ring Halford's helpline on 0345 504 6444 who can, if appropriate, offer advice on where you can get the cycle you are looking for at the best possible price.
- It may be that your wage prevents you accessing your preferred value of cycle and safety accessories. Halfords have developed a process that will enable, at the point of approval, your employer to identify the highest value you can apply for. Simply apply for the scheme in the normal manner. LCC will be in touch if this affects you, by proposing a revised value to you.
- Visit www.cycle2work.info.
- Click on 'employee sign up now'
- Enter your employer code: LIVERPOOLCCC2W
- Enter your personal details
- Select a unique username (your work or home email address) and password (min of 8 characters containing both letters and numbers). Please note that if you've already registered for our previous Cycle2Work schemes you should use the same email address but a new username e.g. put a '1' at the end of your existing username. You will then receive an email to check your email address works.
- Click on the link within the email to verify your email address. Once you have verified your account, you will be able to log on and follow these easy steps to getting on your bike...
- Go to the Cycle to Work portal - www.cycle2work.info
- Click 'log in' and enter details
- Click 'apply now'
- Complete personal information including preferred store (although this does not oblige you to use this store)
- Select a Letter of Collection value within the minimum/maximum amount available (£100 to £1000, in increments of £10)
- Click 'submit'. You will then receive an email containing a link to your hire agreement
- Read the hire agreement then follow the instructions to electronically sign
- When you have completed signing this, your employer will process your application
- Once you have been approved you will receive an email containing your completed copy of the hire agreement. This will take around five working days
- You will then receive a secondary email containing your Letter of Collection and exclusive cycle2work offers
- Print off your Letter of Collection* to take to your specified store. If this is one of our independent stores please contact the Halfords cycle2work helpline on 0345 504 6444 and they will, if necessary, amend your Letter of Collection to include the details of the shop you wish to purchase your cycle from.
- * Please note that the amount on your letter of collection is your gross repayment figure and it does not take in to account the savings you're going to make on tax and national insurance deductions.
- Collect your bike/accessories and off you go!