This training aims to increase teacher confidence in delivering relationships and sex (RSE) education to primary school children, to understand the requirements for the teaching of RSE and to offer practical classroom ideas. It will increase understanding of the importance of RSE, explore ways to ensure that the classroom environment and lessons are inclusive and self-esteem, empathy and respect are nurtured. Ultimately, this will increase resilience and inclusion of pupils, with the aim of supporting children to lead healthy lives, have meaningful relationships and make informed choices.
• This training will equip you with the skills to teach RSE well in your setting
• You will consider how to design an age-appropriate curriculum from R – Y6
• You will be able to support colleagues with best practice techniques when teaching sensitive topics
What will it cover?
• Consider the relationships and sex education (SRE) needs of primary age pupils
• Clarify most recent legislation and requirements
• Understand what good practice in RSE looks like
• Identify resources and strategies for teaching particularly sensitive issues
• Consider the importance of teaching RSE as a whole-school approach
Who should attend?
Subject Leaders, Teachers
£100.00 per delegate per course
This cost will be reduced to £75.00 if you also attend session SIL/928A
An administration charge will apply to none attendees
All costs are subject to VAT