The course is designed for teachers who want to advance their own facilitation skills and to support colleagues with less experience in P4C. Participants must have an Initial Practitioner certificate. Completion of the course and coursework will qualify you for a P4C Facilitator certificate.
Building on Level 1 training, P4C Advanced Course Level 2A advances your skills for higher quality enquiries and to support less-experienced colleagues so that they will be able to facilitate P4C enquiries with more flexibility and reflection, enhance learning through critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking as well as drive progress in philosophical enquiry.
• For teachers, stronger facilitation skills will allow P4C to be used more flexibly in your teaching
• For students, deeper philosophical enquiry will enhance independent learning
• For Headteachers, teachers who can model P4C facilitation and support colleagues
What will it cover?
• Examines the nature, purpose & methods of philosophical enquiry
• Demonstrations how to choose and create materials to stimulate deeper philosophical thinking and dialogue
• Extends practices and tools for better philosophical thinking and facilitation
• Strengthens understanding of the theory and practice of critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking
• Establishes criteria for planning and evaluating progress over a cycle of P4C enquiry, exercise and review
Who should attend?
Early Years Practitioners, Headteacher, Senior Leaders, Teachers
** The same delegates must be committed to attend both dates**
Cost: £300.00 per delegate
An administration charge will apply to none attendees
All costs are subject to VAT