You will learn that Mindfulness is all about learning to direct our attention to our experience as it unfolds, moment by moment, with open-minded curiosity, kindness and acceptance, rather than worrying about what has happened or might happen. It will train us to explore and respond skilfully to whatever is happening right now.
• People of all ages report that they have found they can learn more effectively, think more clearly, perform better and feel calmer, less anxious and less depressed
• Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy is now recommended by the NICE, and GPs are referring adults on eight week courses to reduce
stress and help prevent recurrent depression
• It is increasingly used in business to improve staff wellbeing and satisfaction, in sports training to improve performance, and in schools to enhance wellbeing and learning
What will it cover?
Participants will be able to use mindfulness to:
• Feel happier, calmer and more fulfilled
• Get on better with others, including pupils and colleagues
• Work more effectively by bringing increased awareness to the process
• Increase resilience in the face of stress and difficulties
• You must be able to commit to attending 8 weeks of after-school training, delivered by Kate Norfolk
Who should attend?
This training is for the well-being of all school staff and is aimed at any colleagues who would like to develop their own mindfulness practice and can commit to eight weeks training.
***The same delegates must be committed to attend all sessions***
Cost: £200 per delegate for the eight week course.
All costs are subject to VAT
Non-attenders will be charged the full course fee.