Philosophy for Children/Colleges/Communities (P4C) is a powerful methodology for developing thinking skills and exploring challenging subject matter. It also improves self-esteem, self-confidence and emotional literacy and creates a more collaborative learning environment,empowering children and young people to take control of their own learning.
This conference will provide an opportunity to learn from leading educationalists and current headteachers who are using P4C in a variety of settings. It aims to support practitioners to encourage enquiring minds both for themselves and their students.
This training is suitable for schools and individuals who are already using P4C and want to build on their success, as well as those who are new to P4C and would like to find out more.
- Be inspired by secondary and primary school leaders who are using P4C at Gold standard.
- Understand how P4C supports the core curriculum.
- Take away practical ideas for you to use in your classroom.
- Consider how P4C enriches the whole child – academically, socially and emotionally.
- Develop the enquiring minds of your whole school community.
What will it cover?
- Enriching your existing P4C provision.
- Starting your P4C journey in primary and secondary settings.
- Making links between P4C and the curriculum for primary and secondary.
- Building enquiring minds across your school community.
Who should attend?
Teachers, Headteachers, Senior Leaders, Subject Leaders.
The two closest train stations to IM Marsh are Aigburth Station (7 minute walk) and West Allerton Station (15 minute walk). These stations are well served by train lines from the wider Merseyside/North West region (Southport, Warrington, Wirral, Runcorn, Blackpool and Chester). If you are travelling to the campus from further afield, TransPennine Express operates an hourly Manchester to Liverpool train which takes 32 minutes. For up-to-date details on timetables, fares and routes, go to:
- Northern Rail
Stagecoach and Arriva buses to Aigburth run between Liverpool and Wavertree/Mossley Hill (699), Liverpool and Speke/Liverpool SouthParkway (82 or 82D), and Liverpool and Walton/Bootle (61). If you are travelling by bus from Liverpool city centre to IM Marsh, you will only need to get a ticket/ pass covering one zone (zone C1).
To check travel zones, fares and the range of tickets/passes that are available, go to:
Cost: £125.00 per delegate, All costs are subject to VAT