‘Governing bodies of maintained mainstream schools and the proprietors of academy schools (including free schools) must ensure the there is a qualified teacher designated as Special Educational Needs (SEN) co-ordinator (SENCO) for the school’
As a service we recognise the demands of SENCOs and strive to support schools by helping make the job easier and manageable.
Schools can access a variety of exciting and worthwhile events across the academic year.
Our dedicated SEND sessions, give both experienced and new SENCOs an opportunity to develop, network and share outstanding practice.
Our SEND Briefings (Primary, Secondary, Special) and Transition Forum provide opportunities to access:
- Local and National Updates.
- Teaching and Learning Strategies for promoting Inclusive Learning within your classrooms and school.
- CPD – delivered by the Inclusive Learning Officers and/or with experts from their field.
- Sharing of good practice across the region.
- Networking opportunities.