The ICM is validated by staff who have all been SENCOs previously and who have extensive school leadership experience and a detailed understanding of effective SEN provision.
The validation process will help you:
- Confirm your compliance with statutory responsibilities, including the Equality Act and SEN Regulations.
- Support your preparations for an Ofsted inspection.
- Support your implementation of the new DFE Code of Practice for SEN.
- Evidence the effectiveness of leadership, management and governance.
- Evidence the quality of your engagement with SEN students and their parents.
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of early intervention and partnership working.
- Enable governors to develop an even greater understanding of the provision and outcomes for vulnerable learners.
- Evidence the impact of your CPD programme and SEN funding including the use of Pupil Premium.