EMTAS aims to raise the educational attainment of our ethnic minority pupils by providing support and advice.
We specialise in:
- Support for schools with induction of newcomer children with EAL
- Work with schools to improve outcomes for BME cohorts at risk of underachievement
- Developing capacity through delivery of specialist training
- Enabling support through data collection and community/agency liaison
- Targeted projects to increase attainment levels
- Support and advice for asylum seekers, refugees, Gypsies and Roma and Irish Travellers.
- Support for Parents and carers who may be unfamiliar with the English education system.
- Support to schools following the recording of Racial, Homophobic and Bullying Incidents.
'...We were really impressed with the EMTAS training that we were lucky enough to receive this week. Gill Rowlands and Julie Spencer both delivered training on a brilliant intervention programme called TP@2...Receiving this training was a great opportunity for the school to learn more about SLCN and ways in which we can further support our students in the future...
Holly Lodge Girl's College